Available Intertype Fonts
Not casting on the Intertype at this time
This is a list of the fonts that we have available on the Intertype line caster.
We will scan and add samples of the type as time permits.
These are all fonts on genuine Interype type matrixes (mats), mostly with accents.
We also have a selection of sorts and decorative border slugs.
Our default Intertype font is Permanent in Light, Bold and Italic in 6, 8, 10 and 12 pt. This font bears some resemblance to Helvetica.
The Intertype is loaded with the standard 6, 8, 10 and 12 point moulds, the
non-standard News Gothic font sizes are set on the next larger body size.
In exceptional circumstances we can switch in a 14 point mould at additional cost
for the News Gothic 14 pt if required but strongly suggest using the Tempo font
with the Ludlow as an alternative, it covers 8 to 48
If you wish to use an alternate font there is a small handling charge
for drawing the mats from storage and changing them on the Intertype. The following
is a list of fonts that we have for the Intertype, the first group are in good condition
the second group are available but are showing their age and will exhibit various
degrees of feathering so are not recommended for high quality output.
Intertype fonts in good condition
- Permanent Light 6, 8, 10, 12pt
- Permanent Bold 6, 8, 10, 12pt
- Permanent Italic 6, 8, 10, 12pt
- News Gothic 7, 9, 11, 14pt
- News Gothic Bold 7, 9, 11, 14pt
- Times 12pt
- Times Italic 12pt
Intertype fonts in not so good condition
- Typewriter 10, 12 pt
- Typewriter Underscored 10, 12 pt
- Vogue 6, 8, 10, 12pt
- Vogue Bold 6, 8, 10, 12pt
- Vogue Extra Bold 8, 10pt
- Vogue Extra Bold Italic 8, 10pt
- Vogue Oblique 6, 8, 10, 12pt
- Vogue Bold Oblique 6, 8, 10, 12pt
- Times 6, 8, 10pt
- Times Italic 6, 8, 10pt
- Times Bold 6, 8, 10, 12pt
- Century 8, 10, 12pt
- Century Italic 8, 10, 12pt
- Bodoni Bold 6, 8, 10pt
- Bodoni Bold Italic 6, 8, 10pt
- Garamond 6, 8, 10pt
- Garamond Italic 6, 8, 10pt
- Garamond Light 6, 8, 10pt
- Garamond Light Italic 6, 8, 10pt
We encourage our clients to return all their old loose type, redundant type
slugs and cut-off leading for recycling to keep your costs low.